Discover how you can strengthen your mental resilience and well-being, which are important factors of successful ageing. Join us to learn about mental well-being and the common issues affecting it. In our daily lives, we may face stressors which affect our ability to experience life in a positive manner and could increase our vulnerability to mental health difficulties. Through experiential learning, this course will help you pick up practical tips to enhance and maintain your mental well-being.
1. WHY seniors are prone to mental well-being challenges?
• Challenges of Ageing
2. WHAT are the common mental well-being issues faced by seniors?
• Common Mental Well-Being Issues in Seniors
3. HOW to deal with them?
• Successful Ageing and How to Get There
• Overcoming the Challenges of Mental Well-Being
• Tips on Self-Care for Better Mental Well-being
At the end of the course, participants shall:
• Be aware of some most common mental well-being issues faced by seniors and why they occur
• Be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of these mental well-being issues, and know of approaches, techniques and resources to prevent and manage them
• Acquire a positive outlook towards ageing