How many times have you heard that ageing is stressful? But did you know there is something we can do about it? Through “C3A AgeMap – Healthy Minds for Healthy Lives”, which comprises of lectures and activities, you will learn how to better take care of and improve your mental well-being, and continue to live a healthy and fulfilling life. This course is designed by a community aged-care physician with many years of practice knowledge and experience in the promotion of physical and mental well-being in seniors.
• Old Age Vs Youth – How does Ageing Impact One’s Mental Well-Being?
• How Ageing Affects our Body, Mind and Emotions and the Impact on Mental Well-Being
• “What Stresses People the Most”
• Common Mental Well-Being Issues, and When and Where to Seek Help
• “How does Ageing Well with Mental Well-Being Look Like?”
• Mental Strength – Important for Ageing Well
• Building Mental Strength
• Self-care tips for mental well-being
At the end of the course, participants shall:
- Understand challenges commonly associated with ageing that impact on one’s mental well-being.
- Understand common mental well-being issues and their signs and symptoms.
- Be aware of useful tips on self-care for mental well-being, and professional care.
- Learn useful tips on how to manage stress, and strengthen mental well-being as we age.
- Understand how mental strength is important for ageing well.
- Learn positive attitudes and mindsets that enhance and sustain mental well-being.